Tuesday, August 14, 2007

well hello, Nebraska

Hi Everyone. After lugging my stuff across several states, accidentally destroying my car (long story), and likely losing many of my belongings along the way, I have left Chicago and Madison and am now a resident of Omaha, NE. To celebrate/mourn leaving town, I spent a good deal of my summer trying to really appreciate Chicago, which entailed looking up at the buildings, driving around aimlessly, and going to museums (basically, being a tourist). I took tons of pictures and had planned on a "goodbye chicago" post with select photos, but critical parts to my desktop computer, where those photos are currently stored, are M.I.A. so, instead, I'm leaving you with these pictures (not of chicago. clearly.):



P.S. July album reviews are not ready. I'll probably collapse July and August together. I just bought the new augie march album, though, which I'm pretty excited about.

2 comments:

Grimsrud said...

Wow. If I ever imagined "photos of Nebraska" I think those two are what would have popped into my head. Bravo.

Bluebunny said...

I am sad you've left Chicago just when I've moved here, but hopefully your work in Nebraska will be so amazing you'll hardly miss Chi-town for one year.

What happened to your car??? I am dying to hear the full story...sounds awful.