Wednesday, January 17, 2007

top 2006 albums, revised

a few things: first, I just accidentally dropped my pasta dinner in a sink full of soapy water. second, I have a change to make to my top 10 of 2006: we can throw out yo la tengo and put beirut in, but not necessarily in yo la tengo's place. I'm not sure where it would go in the ranking yet (I say "yet", but I'm not actually going to go back and figure out where it belongs). I will say, though, that beirut is good, but maybe not as good as I'm thinking it is. the thing about this album is it just doesn't sound like anything else I've been listening to, so I'm being tricked into thinking its really good and interesting, when really it might just be good and 'different from the stuff april listened to in 2006'. allmusic.com has sunset rubdown and neutral milk hotel listed as "similar artists," which is weird and makes no sense.

the last thing I wanted to say was that I finished "women in love" and think that D.H. Lawrence must have been kind of a weird guy.

P.S. the movie, "the station agent" is enjoyable. the main character is a dwarf. yes.


3 comments:

Aubrey said...

I saw the movie the station agent and enjoyed it quite a bit! Sorry about your pasta dinner, as crummy as that sounds, I wish I could have seen it.

Bluebunny said...

Pan's Labyrinth is also a must see.

IsmaelTapiaII said...

I really want to see pan's labyrinth.